This executive document was published in the 10/15/2001, issue, Vol. 2001, No. 20, of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Supplemental Proclamation: Calling the Fifty-Fourth Legislature into a Second Special Session
PURSUANT to Item 4 of the Proclamation issued September 19, 2001, calling the Legislature into special session, I add the following items to the agenda for the special session:
1. To consider amending the repayment of the revenue bond for the cancer clinical research hospital facility in Section 63B-10-301.
2. To consider correcting an error in the passage of the 1990 amendments to Section 78-13-4, dealing with the proper venue for actions on written contracts.
3. To consider changing the date by which a political party must designate which registered voters may vote for the party's candidates in a primary election.
4. To consider regulating the unauthorized practice of law.
5. To consider a resolution condemning retaliation against Islamic and Arab communities in the wake of the terrorist attacks on the United States of September 11, 2001.
6. To consider extending arrest authority to federal and out-of-state law enforcement officers serving in this state during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
7. To consider increasing the penalty for riot and false alarm.
8. To consider extending worker compensation coverage to out-of-state public safety officers during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
9. To consider continuing the payment of the state portion of insurance for state employees who receive active duty orders in the armed forces for service in the war on terrorism.
10. To consider renaming the Utah Professional Athletic Commission in honor of Pete Suazo and amending the gross receipts tax and the ticket fee for funding amateur boxing.
11. To consider amending the classification of municipalities to allow optional lower reclassification according to population.
12. To consider a resolution requesting the federal government to allow harvesting of infested stands of timber to promote forest health and resource use.
13. To consider amending tobacco settlement funding law to comply with Utah Constitution Article XXII, Section 4.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 25th day of September, 2001.
Michael O. Leavitt
Olene S. Walker
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the division has substituted the full word or the standard character.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact the Governor's Office (801-538-1000).