This executive document was published in the 06/01/2006, issue, Vol. 2006, No. 11, of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Governor's Proclamation: Calling the Fifty-Sixth Legislature into a Third Special Session
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2006 General Session of the Fifty-Sixth Legislature of the State of Utah, matters have arisen that require immediate legislative attention; and,
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jon M. Huntsman, Jr., Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, do by this Proclamation call the Fifty-Sixth Legislature of the State of Utah into a Third Special Session at the State Capitol Complex, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 24th day of May 2006, at 2:00 p.m., for the following purposes:
1. To consider a provision authorizing (a) an appropriation of transportation funding, (b) an appropriation of funds from the Division of Housing and Community Development to the Division of Arts and Museums, (c) an appropriation for the Driver License Division, and (d) an appropriation for the Economic Development Incentive Fund;
2. To consider a provision appropriating $2 million in Medicaid funding for emergency dental services for the aged, blind, and disabled;
3. To consider a provision authorizing funds for a parking structure at the State Capitol Complex in an amount not to exceed $15 million;
4. To consider resolutions providing legislative authorization for (a) the receipt of a federal grant by the Utah Department of Natural Resources, and (b) the construction of a maintenance shed by the Utah Department of Transportation on property near Meadow, Utah;
5. To consider legislation authorizing the Utah Tax Commission to share confidential tax data with the Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, the Office of Legislative Fiscal Analyst, and the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel;
6. To consider legislation requiring reporting of information and addressing causes of action regarding the exchange of securities;
7. To consider legislation to correct the transitional effective date provisions of the Uniform Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders Act and to make technical corrections to the shelter hearing provisions of the Juvenile Court Act of 1996;
8. To consider legislation authorizing a cost-of-living adjustment for certain executive officers; and
9. To consider legislation to assist retail establishments as they respond to recent changes in Utah's sales-tax system.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the State Capitol Complex in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 22nd day of May, 2006.
Jon M. Huntsman, Jr.
Gary R. Herbert
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the division has substituted the full word or the standard character.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact the Governor's Office (801-538-1000).