This document was published in the October 15, 2011, issue (Vol. 2011, No. 20) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Governor's Proclamation 2011/003/S: Calling the Fifty-Ninth Legislature into the Third Special Session
Issued: September 28, 2011
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2011 General Session of the Fifty-Ninth Legislature of the State of Utah, matters have arisen that require immediate legislative attention;
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session; and
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary R. Herbert, Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, call the Fifty-Ninth Legislature of the State of Utah into a Third Special Session at the Utah State Capitol, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 3rd day of October 2011, at 9:00 a.m., for the following purposes:
1. to divide the state into congressional, legislative and other districts pursuant to Utah Constitution Article IX and to address related matters;
2. to consider amendments to the Utah Labor Code to address requirements related to workers' compensation insurance for owners of certain entities and to make technical and related changes;
3. to consider amendments to the Elections Code to modify the requirements for placing presidential candidates on the regular primary ballot and to make technical and related changes;
4. to consider amendments to the Uniform Driver License Act to modify provisions relating to the driver license suspension period and other sentencing requirements for certain alcohol or drug related offenses and to make technical and related changes;
5. to consider amendments to the State System of Higher Education Code to modify the requirements for the appointment of representatives of less populous counties to the Board of Regents and to make technical and related changes;
6. to consider a concurrent resolution recognizing the 75th Anniversary of the Welfare System of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints;
7. to consider a concurrent resolution urging Utah's Congressional delegation to resolve the Scofield land transfer issue.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 28th day of September, 2011.
Gary R. Herbert
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the division has substituted the full word or the standard character.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2011/b20111015.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact Cherilyn Bradford, by phone at 801-538-1505, by FAX at 801-538-1528, or by Internet E-mail at Cbradford@utah.gov.