This document was published in the July 1, 2012, issue (Vol. 2012, No. 13) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Governor's Proclamation 2012/4/S: Calling the Fifty-Ninth Legislature into the Fourth Special Session
Issued: June 18, 2012
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2012 General Session of the Fifty-Ninth Legislature of the State of Utah, matters have arisen that require immediate legislative attention; and,
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary R. Herbert, Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, call the Fifty-Ninth Legislature of the State of Utah into a Fourth Special Session at the Utah State Capitol, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 20th day of June 2012, at 3:00 p.m. solely for the following purposes:
1. to consider modifying the 2012-2013 public education budget and related statutory provisions;
2. to consider changes related to retail licenses and enforcement provisions under the Alcohol Beverage Control Act, and to make appropriations related to those changes;
3. to consider enacting provisions related to the retention of outside counsel, expert witnesses and litigation support services by the attorney general's office;
4. to consider removing the opinion question from the 2012 ballot that the Legislature authorized by passing House Joint Resolution 13 in the 2012 General Session and to make modifications to related statutory provisions;
5. to consider modifying the accreditation requirements for nursing education programs; and
6. for the Senate to consent to appointments made by the Governor.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 18th day of June, 2012.
Gary R. Herbert
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the division has substituted the full word or the standard character.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2012/b20120701.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact Cherilyn Bradford, by phone at 801-538-1505, by FAX at 801-538-1528, or by Internet E-mail at Cbradford@utah.gov.