This document was published in the August 1, 2013, issue (Vol. 2013, No. 15) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Governor's Proclamation 2013/1/S: Calling the Sixtieth Legislature Into the First Special Session
Issued: July 15, 2013
P R O C L A M A T I O N
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2013 General Session of the Sixtieth Legislature of the State of Utah, matters have arisen that require immediate legislative attention;
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session; and
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary R. Herbert, Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, call the Sixtieth Legislature of the State of Utah into a First Special Session at the Utah State Capitol, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 17th day of July 2013, at 12:30 p.m., solely for the following purposes:
1. To consider changes relating to legislative subpoenas, the provision of testimony and evidence to the legislative branch, including the grant of immunity to a witness, and enacting provisions relating to the work of legislative investigative committees, including the circumstances under which certain records received by, or generated by or for, a special legislative committee may be classified as protected and the circumstances under which a legislative investigative committee meeting may be closed;
2. To consider modifying provisions relating to the unauthorized practice of law;
3. To consider a joint resolution approving a settlement pursuant to the State Settlement Agreements Act and a related appropriation;
4. To consider amendments to private investigator licensing statutes to allow out-of-state private investigators to obtain a Utah license if hired to assist a legislative special investigative committee investigating an elected official or to assist the Legislature with an impeachment inquiry;
5. To consider the repeal of Utah Code Section 53-13-106.5 and other related sections; and
6. For the Senate to consent to appointments made by the Governor.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 15th day of July, 2013.
Gary R. Herbert
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the division has substituted the full word or the standard character.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2013/b20130801.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact Cherilyn Bradford, by phone at 801-538-1505, by FAX at 801-538-1528, or by Internet E-mail at Cbradford@utah.gov.