This document was published in the September 1, 2015, issue (Vol. 2015, No. 17) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Utah Proc. No. 2015-1S
Issued: August 14, 2015
P R O C L A M A T I O N
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2015 General Session of the Sixty-first Legislature of the State of Utah, certain matters have arisen which require immediate legislative attention; and
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary R. Herbert, Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, do by this Proclamation call the Sixty-first Legislature of the State of Utah into a First Special Session at the Utah State Capitol, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 19th day of August 2015, at 3:00 p.m., for the following purposes:
1. to consider the recommendation of the Prison Relocation Commission as to the building of a new state prison at the location of Interstate-80 and 7200 West in Salt Lake City;
2. to consider changes to the statute of limitations governing refunds or credits issued for overpayment of corporate taxes;
3. to consider the statutory qualifications for the Medicaid Inspector General;
4. to consider corrections to the penalty for an accident involving injury, death, or property damage, and code references within Utah Code Section 76-10-503;
5. to consider clarifications to Utah Code Section 78B-2-201; and
6. for the Senate to consent to appointments made by the Governor.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 14th day of August 2015.
Gary R. Herbert
Spencer J. Cox
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the division has substituted the full word or the standard character.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2015/b20150901.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact Cherilyn Bradford, by phone at 801-538-1505, by FAX at 801-538-1528, or by Internet E-mail at Cbradford@utah.gov.