This document was published in the August 1, 2016, issue (Vol. 2016, No. 15) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Calling the Sixty-First Legislature Into the Third Special Session, Utah Proclamation No. 2016-3S
Issued: July 11, 2016
P R O C L A M A T I O N
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2016 General Session of the Sixty-first Legislature of the State of Utah, certain matters have arisen which require immediate legislative attention; and
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary R. Herbert, Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, do by this Proclamation call the Sixty-first Legislature of the State of Utah into a Third Special Session at the Utah State Capitol, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 13th day of July 2016, at 3:00 p.m., to consider the following:
1. An appropriation of funds and related legislation for the purpose of constructing an arena at the State Fair Park;
2. Legislation related to the use of unmanned aircrafts over restricted wildfire airspaces;
3. Legislation related to the Utah Justice Reinvestment Initiative;
4. Amendments to the code provisions regarding Judicial Nominating Commissions;
5. Legislation related to the ability of grandparents to visit grandchildren adopted by a family member of the child;
6. A clarification to the statutory exception to the warrant requirement for access to the controlled substance database by probation or parole officers;
7. To consider economic development legislation that would provide certain sales and use tax exemptions for a qualifying enterprise data center;
8. Amendments to the code provisions regarding continuing care retirement communities;
9. Legislation related to the Legislature’s review of tax credits, similar to 2016 House Bill 310, Tax Credit Review Amendments; and
10. For the Senate to consent to appointments made by the Governor.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 11th day of July 2016.
Gary R. Herbert
Spencer J. Cox
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the Office has substituted the full word or the standard character.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2016/b20160801.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact Cherilyn Bradford, by phone at 801-538-1505, by FAX at 801-538-1528, or by Internet E-mail at Cbradford@utah.gov.