This document was published in the September 15, 2019, issue (Vol. 2019, No. 18) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Governor, Administration: Calling the Sixty-Third Legislature Into the First Special Session, Utah Proclamation No. 2019-1S
Issued: September 5, 2019
P R O C L A M A T I O N
WHEREAS, since the adjournment of the 2019 General Session of the Sixty-third Legislature of the State of Utah, certain matters have arisen which require immediate legislative attention; and
WHEREAS, Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Utah provides that the Governor may, by proclamation, convene the Legislature into Special Session;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary R. Herbert, Governor of the State of Utah, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, do by this Proclamation call the Sixty-third Legislature of the State of Utah into a First Special Session at the Utah State Capitol, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on the 16th day of September 2019, at 6:00 pm, to consider the following:
1. Amendments to medical cannabis laws to repeal requirements regarding a state central fill pharmacy and other amendments necessary to ensure the efficient and safe implementation and operation of the state’s medical cannabis program;
2. Amendments to the Utah Election Code regarding the date of the 2020 primary election and technical amendments;
3. Amendments to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act regarding the transportation and storage of certain heavy beer prior to November 1, 2019;
4. Legislative approval of and appropriations for the settlement of lawsuits against the state;
5. Amendments to certain tax incentives regarding the review required by an independent certified public accountant and technical amendments;
6. Appropriations for the 2020 United States Census; and
7. For the Senate to consent to appointments made by the Governor.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah. Done at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City, Utah, this 5th day of September 2019.
Gary R. Herbert
Spencer J. Cox
Each executive document is published from an electronic version provided by the Governor's office. Occasionally, special symbols or characters may appear in the original document (e.g., a section character for the word "section", a publishing quote for a regular quote, etc.). These special symbols or characters may not translate well across computer systems or applications. In cases where special symbols or characters have been used in the original, the Office has substituted the full word or the standard character.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at https://rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull_pdf/2019/b20190915.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
For questions regarding the content or application of this document, please contact Cherilyn Bradford, by phone at 801-538-1505, by FAX at 801-538-1528, or by Internet E-mail at Cbradford@utah.gov.