File No. 32953
This rule was published in the October 1, 2009, issue (Vol. 2009, No. 19) of the Utah State Bulletin.
Human Services, Recovery Services
Notice of Proposed Rule
DAR File No.: 32953
Filed: 09/09/2009 03:20:36 PM
Purpose of the rule or reason for the change:
The purpose of this amendment is to add the authority and purpose to the rule and two new definitions back into the rule. This language was removed in another filing. (DAR NOTE: The proposed amendment to Rule R527-3 that removes the language is under DAR No. 32952 in this issue, October 1, 2009, of the Bulletin.)
Summary of the rule or change:
Section R527-3-1 was changed to the Authority and Purpose. The subsequent section was renumbered to Section R527-3-2 accordingly. Two new definitions were added to Section R527-3-2 at Subsections R527-3-2(23) and (24).
State statutory or constitutional authorization for this rule:
- Section 62A-11-103
- Section 62A-11-401
- Section 62A-11-303
- Section 78B-14-102
Anticipated cost or savings to:
the state budget:
This rule has no impact on the state budget and the change to the rule does not create or cause an impact to the state.
Administrative rules of the Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) do not apply to local governments, because the rules primarily affect the internal procedures of the office. Therefore, there are no anticipated costs or savings for any local government due to this amendment.
Because the rule primarily affects the internal procedures of the office, it does not or has never had any impact on small businesses. The change to the rule does not create or cause an impact to small business.
persons other than small businesses, businesses, or local governmental entities:
Because the rule primarily affects the internal procedures of the office, the rule has no impact on any person. The change to the rule does not create or cause an impact to any person.
Compliance costs for affected persons:
This rule has no impact on any person and the change to the rule does not create or cause an impact to any person.
Comments by the department head on the fiscal impact the rule may have on businesses:
This rule has never had any impact on businesses and the change to the rule does not create or cause an impact to business.
Lisa-Michele Church, Executive Director
The full text of this rule may be inspected, during regular business hours, at the Division of Administrative Rules, or at:Human Services
515 E 100 S
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84102-4211
Direct questions regarding this rule to:
- LeAnn Wilber at the above address, by phone at 801-536-8950, by FAX at 801-536-8833, or by Internet E-mail at email@example.com
Interested persons may present their views on this rule by submitting written comments to the address above no later than 5:00 p.m. on:
This rule may become effective on:
Mark Brasher, Director
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
1. Terms used in this title, R527, are defined in Section 62A-11-103, 62A-11-303, 62A-11-401, and 78B-14-102. In addition, the following terms are defined:
2. "ORS" means the Office of Recovery Services.
3. "ORSIS" means the Office of Recovery Services Computer Information System.
4. "BMC" means the Bureau of Medical Collections.
5. "CIC" means the Bureau for Children in Care.
6. "CSS" means Child Support Services.
7. "MSS" means Management Support Services.
8. "CSU" means the Customer Service Unit.
9. "BFS" means the Bureau of Financial Services.
10. "BET" means the Bureau of Electronic Technology.
11. "OT" means the Office of Technology.
12. "IV-D agency" refers to the state agency that administers a child support program under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act.
13. "IV-D recipient" refers to a person who receives IV-D services.
14. "IV-A" refers to Title IV-A of the Social Security Act.
15. "IV-A agency" refers to the state agency that administers a public entitlement program under Title IV-A of the Social Security Act.
16. "IV-A recipient" refers to a person who receives IV-A benefits.
17. "UIFSA" refers to Title 78B, Chapter 14 (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act) which replaces "URESA", Title 77, Chapter 31 (Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act).
18. "AFDC" refers to the former Aid to Families with dependent children program.
19. "FEP" refers to the Family Employment Program which is funded by "TANF" (Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
20. "Pass-through payment" as used in R527-40-1(3) refers to the first $50 of the current support that ORS collected for a month in which the custodial parent received AFDC. The IV-A agency paid this amount to the AFDC household prior to March, 1997.
21. "IRS" refers to the Internal Revenue Service.
22. "TPL" means Third Party Liability.
KEY: child support, welfare
Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment: [
Notice of Continuation: September 4, 2007
Authorizing, and Implemented or Interpreted Law: 62A-1-111; 62A-11-103; 62A-11-107; 62A-11-303; 62A-11-401; 78B-14-102
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at https://rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2009/b20091001.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
Text to be deleted is struck through and surrounded by brackets (e.g., [
example]). Text to be added is underlined (e.g., ). Older browsers may not depict some or any of these attributes on the screen or when the document is printed.
For questions regarding the content or application of this rule, please contact LeAnn Wilber at the above address, by phone at 801-536-8950, by FAX at 801-536-8833, or by Internet E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.