File No. 33320
This rule was published in the February 1, 2010, issue (Vol. 2010, No. 3) of the Utah State Bulletin.
(DAR Note: a Special Notice was published in the February 15, 2010, issue of the Utah State Bulletin regarding this rule.)
Administrative Services, Archives
Archives/ Research Room/Access to Records
Notice of Proposed Rule
DAR File No.: 33320
Filed: 01/13/2010 04:18:09 PM
Purpose of the rule or reason for the change:
Limit use of computers and equipment in the Research Center to research associated with the Utah State Archives or Utah State History.
Summary of the rule or change:
Patrons may use the equipment and resources of the Research Center for research associated with the Utah State Archives or Utah State History and not for personal or business use.
State statutory or constitutional authorization for this rule:
- Section 63G-3-402
- Section 63G-3-301
- Subsection 63G-3-601(3) Article IV
Anticipated cost or savings to:
the state budget:
No impact to the state budget.
No impact to local government.
No impact on small businesses.
persons other than small businesses, businesses, or local governmental entities:
No impact on persons other than those wanting to use resources of the Research Center for other than Archives or State History research.
Compliance costs for affected persons:
Patrons may not use Research Center resources for personal or business purposes.
Comments by the department head on the fiscal impact the rule may have on businesses:
No impact on businesses other than they may not use Research Center resources for business purposes except as permitted.
Kimberly Hood, Executive Director
The full text of this rule may be inspected, during regular business hours, at the Division of Administrative Rules, or at:Administrative Services
346 S RIO GRANDE
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84101-1106
Direct questions regarding this rule to:
- Susan Mumford at the above address, by phone at 801-531-3861, by FAX at 801-531-3867, or by Internet E-mail at email@example.com
Interested persons may present their views on this rule by submitting written comments to the address above no later than 5:00 p.m. on:
This rule may become effective on:
Patricia Smith-Mansfield, Director
R17. Administrative Services, Archives and Records Service.
R17-7. Archival Records Care and Access at the State Archives.
R17-7-3. Access to Records.
(1) Records are made available for public use in the State Archives Research Center. Patrons must observe Research Center procedures for the protection and control of the records.
(2) Patrons are required to register to use the Research Center and Research Center staff may require patrons to provide photographic identification.
(3) Patrons shall only use a pencil when making personal notes, shall not mark public records, and shall maintain the original order of the public records consulted.
(4) Persons may not smoke, drink, or eat in the Research Center.
(5) Patrons may take only paper and research materials into the Research Center. Patrons must check brief cases, purses, backpacks, or similar items at the desk before entering the research area.
(6) Patrons shall use care in handling fragile materials. Patrons shall not alter, mutilate, or otherwise deface public records.
(7) Patrons may not remove government records from the Research Center.
KEY: records retention, public information, access to information
Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment: [
August 20, 2008]
Authorizing, and Implemented or Interpreted Law: 63A-12-104
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at https://rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2010/b20100201.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.
Text to be deleted is struck through and surrounded by brackets (e.g., [
example]). Text to be added is underlined (e.g., ). Older browsers may not depict some or any of these attributes on the screen or when the document is printed.
For questions regarding the content or application of this rule, please contact Susan Mumford at the above address, by phone at 801-531-3861, by FAX at 801-531-3867, or by Internet E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.