This rule was published in the August 1, 2013, issue (Vol. 2013, No. 15) of the Utah State Bulletin.
R33. Administrative Services, Purchasing and General Services.
R33-3. Source Selection and Contract Formation.
R33-3-3. Small Purchases.
Authority to Make Small Purchases].
(1) Amount. The Office of the Chief Procurement Officer or purchasing agency may use these procedures if the procurement is estimated to be less than $50,000 for supplies, services or construction. If these procedures are not used, the other methods of source selection provided in Section 63G-6-410 of the Utah Procurement Code and these rules shall apply.
(2) Existing Statewide Contracts. Supplies, services, or construction items available under statewide contracts or similar agreements shall be procured under these agreements in accordance with the provisions or requirements for use and not under this subpart unless otherwise authorized by the Chief Procurement Officer.
(3) Available from One Business Only. If the supply, service, or construction item is available only from one business, the sole source procurement method set forth in subpart 3-4 of these rules shall be used.
(4) Division of Requirements. Procurement requirements shall not be artificially divided to avoid using the other source selection methods set forth in Section 63G-6-410 of the Utah Procurement Code.]
Small Purchases of Supplies, Services or Construction Between $5,000 and $50,000.]
(1) Procedure. Insofar as it is practical for small purchases of supplies, services or construction between $5,000 and $50,000, no less than two businesses shall be solicited to submit electronic, telephone or written quotations. Award shall be made to the business offering the lowest acceptable quotation.
(2) Records. The names of the businesses offering quotations and the date and amount of each quotation shall be recorded and maintained as a public record.]
3-303] [ Small Purchases of $5,000 or Less].
The Chief Procurement Officer shall delegate to state agencies the ability to make purchases up to $5,000 without involvement of the Division of Purchasing and General Services. For purchases up to $1,000, the agency may select the best source without seeking competitive quotes. For purchases over $1,000 and up to $5,000, agencies shall obtain price competition, and shall purchase the item from the vendor offering the lowest quote. Unless otherwise delegated requests for all purchases over $5,000, and sole source purchases exceeding $1,000 shall be submitted to the Division of Purchasing and General Services.]
4] Small Purchases of Services of Professionals, Providers, and Consultants.
If it is expected that the services of professionals, providers, and consultants can be procured for less than $50,000, the procedures specified in this subpart may be used.
KEY: government purchasing
Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment: [
March 30, 2012]
Notice of Continuation: July 2, 2012
Authorizing, and Implemented or Interpreted Law: 63G-6
The Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Bulletin is the official version. The PDF version of this issue is available at https://rules.utah.gov/publicat/bull-pdf/2013/b20130801.pdf. The HTML edition of the Bulletin is a convenience copy. Any discrepancy between the PDF version and HTML version is resolved in favor of the PDF version.