Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2018, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R17. Administrative Services, Archives and Records Service.
Rule R17-8. Application of Microfilm Standards.
As in effect on October 1, 2018
Table of Contents
- R17-8-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R17-8-2. Micrographic Standards.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
In accordance with Subsection 63A-12-104(1), this rule establishes a procedure for the microfilming standards of permanent and long-term records.
(1) Anyone microfilming Utah state and local government documents for retention purposes shall microfilm these records in conformity with the ANSI/AIIM Imaging Guidelines 2004, which are incorporated by reference.
(2) The State Archives must certify that each roll of microfilm complies with these Imaging Guidelines prior to the destruction of the original records.
(3) The State Archives is the official custodian of all master microfilm.
(4) Access to microfilmed records is permitted in accordance with the approved retention and classification for the records series.
records retention, public information, access to information
December 31, 2013
October 27, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R17, please contact the promulgating agency (Administrative Services, Archives and Records Service). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.