Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R33. Administrative Services, Purchasing and General Services.
Rule R33-19. General Provisions Related to Protest or Appeal.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R33-19-101. Encouraged to Obtain Legal Advice From Legal Counsel.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) All definitions in the Utah Procurement Code shall apply to this Rule unless otherwise specified in this Rule. This administrative rule provides additional requirements and procedures and must be used in conjunction with the Procurement Code.
(2) Part 19 of the Utah Procurement Code contains provisions regarding:
(a) limitations on challenges of:
(i) a procurement;
(ii) a procurement process;
(iii) the award of a contract relating to a procurement;
(iv) a debarment; or
(v) a suspension; and
(b) the effect of a timely protest or appeal;
(c) the costs to or against a protester;
(d) the effect of prior determinations by employees, agents, or other persons appointed by the procurement unit;
(e) the effect of a violation found after award of a contract;
(f) the effect of a violation found prior to the award of a contract;
(g) interest rates; and
(h) a listing of determinations that are final and conclusive unless they are arbitrary and capricious or clearly erroneous.
(3) Due to the complex nature of protests and appeals, any person involved in the procurement process, protest or appeal, is encouraged to seek advice from the person's own legal counsel.
appeals, protests, general provisions, procurement code
June 21, 2017
July 8, 2019
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R33, please contact the promulgating agency (Administrative Services, Purchasing and General Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.