Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Office of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since December 1, 2017, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R35. Administrative Services, Records Committee.
Rule R35-6. Expedited Hearing.
As in effect on December 1, 2017
Table of Contents
- R35-6-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R35-6-2. Requests for an Expedited Hearing.
- R35-6-3. Scheduling the Expedited Hearing.
- R35-6-4. Holding the Expedited Hearing.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
In accordance with Subsection 63G-2-403(4)(a)(i), this rule establishes the procedure for requesting and scheduling an Expedited Hearing.
(1) A party appealing a records classification to the Committee may request that a hearing be scheduled to hear the appeal prior to ten business days after the date the notice of appeal is filed by making a written request to the Executive Secretary. A copy of this request shall also be mailed to the government entity.
(2) A written request shall include the reason(s) the request is being made.
(3) The Executive Secretary shall consult with the Committee Chair to decide whether an Expedited Hearing is warranted.
(4) The standard for granting an Expedited Hearing is "good cause shown." The Committee Chair shall take into account the reason for the request, and balance that against the burden to the Committee and the governmental entity.
(1) In the event that an Expedited Hearing is granted, the Executive Secretary shall poll the Committee to determine a date upon which a quorum can be obtained.
(2) After settling on a date no sooner than seven days nor later than 16 days after the notice of appeal has been filed, the Executive Secretary shall contact the petitioner and governmental entity and schedule the hearing.
(3) The government entity shall file its response to the appeal with the Executive Secretary, and mail a copy to the petitioner no later than five days prior to the scheduled hearing. The Executive Secretary shall make this response available to the Committee as soon as possible.
With the exception of the time frame for scheduling a hearing and providing responses, all other provisions governing hearings under the Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) shall apply to Expedited Hearings.
government documents, state records committee, records appeal hearings
July 31, 2015
June 3, 2014
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R35, please contact the promulgating agency (Administrative Services, Records Committee). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at https://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html.