Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R51. Agriculture and Food, Administration.
Rule R51-6. Agricultural Advisory Board Electronic Meetings.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R51-6-1. Authority and Purpose.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) Promulgated under Utah Code Section 52-4-207 which requires any public body that convenes or conducts an electronic meeting to establish written procedures for such meetings. This rule establishes procedures for conducting Agricultural Advisory Board (Board) meetings or meetings of the Board's subcommittees by electronic means.
(2) This rule is enacted under the authority of Sections 52-4-207, 4-2-108, and 4-2-103(1)(i).
(3) The following provisions govern any meeting at which a voting majority of Board members appear at the anchor location, by telephone, or electronically pursuant to Utah Code Section 52-4-207:
(a) If enough Board members which constitute a voting majority intend to participate electronically or by telephone, public notices of the meeting shall be posted. In addition, the notice shall specify the anchor location where the members of the Board not participating electronically or by telephone will be meeting and where interested persons and the public may attend, monitor, and participate in the open portions of the meeting.
(b) Notice of the meeting and the agenda shall be posted at the anchor location. Written or electronic notice shall also be posted on the Public Notice Website. These notices shall be provided at least 24 hours before the meetings.
(c) Notice of the possibility of an electronic meeting shall be given to the Board members at least 24 hours before the meeting. In addition, the notice shall describe how a Board member may participate in the meeting electronically or by telephone.
(d) When notice is given of the possibility of a member appearing electronically or by telephone, any Board member may do so and shall be counted as present for purposes of a quorum and may fully participate and vote on any matter coming before the Board. At the commencement of the meeting, or at such time as any Board member initially appears electronically or by telephone, the chair shall identify for the record all those who are appearing by telephone or electronically. Votes by members of the Board who are not at the physical location of the meeting shall be confirmed by the chair.
(e) The anchor location, unless otherwise designated in the notice, shall be at the offices of the Department of Agriculture and Food, 350 N Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, Utah. The anchor location is the physical location from which the electronic meeting originates or from which the participants are connected. In addition, the anchor location shall have space and facilities so that interested persons and the public may attend, monitor, and participate in the open portions of the meeting.
March 23, 2018
4-2-108; 4-2-103(i); 52-4-207
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R51, please contact the promulgating agency (Agriculture and Food, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.