Utah Administrative Code

The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).

NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.

NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.

R58. Agriculture and Food, Animal Industry.

Rule R58-4. Use of Animal Drugs and Biologicals in the State of Utah.

As in effect on August 1, 2019

Table of Contents

R58-4-1. Authority.

Promulgated under authority of Section 4-5-104 and 9 CFR 101, 102 and 103, January 1, 2006 edition.

R58-4-2. Manufacturing, Induction Specifications.

A. No person, firm, corporation, or other company shall manufacture in this state or transport or introduce into the state, in any manner, any virus or bacterial product carrying infective agents of infectious, contagious, or communicable diseases of domestic animals or poultry without first being licensed by Biologics Division of United States Department of Agriculture and Food-Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA-APHIS) and obtaining a written permit from the Commissioner of Agriculture and Food.

R58-4-3. Registration Requirements.

Veterinary practitioners, or other persons, firms, corporations, or manufacturers, except those licensed within the State of Utah, engaged in the distribution or manufacture of animal biologics, including diagnostic tests, carrying infective agents, or inactivated agents, for the prevention, treatment or control of contagious, infectious or communicable disease of livestock shall register their names and receive written authority from the Commissioner of Agriculture and Food.


disease control

Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment

August 15, 1997

Notice of Continuation

June 9, 2016

Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law

4-5-2; 4-5-17

Additional Information


For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R58, please contact the promulgating agency (Agriculture and Food, Animal Industry). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.