Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R123. Auditor, Administration.
Rule R123-6. Allocation of Money in the Property Tax Valuation Agency Fund.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R123-6-1. Authority.
- R123-6-2. Definitions.
- R123-6-3. Disbursements.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
As required by Section 59-2-1603, this rule provides the formula for disbursing monies from the property tax valuation agency fund.
1. "Combined levy" means the sum of the local levy and the multi-county levy.
2. "Local levy" means a property tax levied in accordance with Utah Code 59-2-1602(4).
3. "Multi-county levy" means a property tax levied in accordance with Utah Code 59-2-1602(2).
4. "Fund" means the Property Tax Valuation Agency Fund created in Utah Code 59-2-1602.
5. "Office" means the Office of the State Auditor.
1. Subject to subsection (2), the disbursement of monies held in the fund shall be determined based on the following:
a. Fourth, fifth, or sixth class counties whose respective combined levy exceeds the mean of the combined levies of all counties shall receive an amount from the fund equal to 50% of the amount calculated when multiplying the county's Proposed Tax Rate Value (as calculated by Utah State Tax Commission) by the portion of their combined rate that exceeds the mean rate; and
b. a sixth class county shall not receive less than $30,000 annually from the fund.
2. If available monies held in the fund are not sufficient to cover amounts calculated in subsection (1) the disbursement shall be reduced on a pro-rata basis.
3. The Office shall authorize these disbursements on an annual basis.
counties, property tax
April 8, 2015
October 28, 2019
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R123, please contact the promulgating agency (Auditor, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.