Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R151. Commerce, Administration.
Rule R151-3. Americans With Disabilities Act Rule.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R151-3-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R151-3-2. Procedures.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is made under Section 13-1-6 and Subsection 63G-3-201(3). As required by 28 CFR 35.107, the Utah Department of Commerce, as a public entity that employs more than 50 persons, adopts and publishes these procedures for the prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended.
(2) This rule implements 28 CFR 35 which implements Title II of the ADA, which provides that no individual shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of a public entity, or be subjected to discrimination by the Department, because of a disability.
Any complaints for noncompliance with Title II of the ADA shall be governed by the procedures set forth in Sections R13-3-2 through 8, as adopted by the Utah Department of Administrative Services and its Division of Risk Management.
desabilities, complaints, grievances
June 21, 2011
November 3, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R151, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.