Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R154. Commerce, Corporations and Commercial Code.
Rule R154-1. Central Filing System for Agriculture Product Liens.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R154-1-1. Incorporation by Reference.
- R154-1-2. Official Filing Office.
- R154-1-3. Master List.
- R154-1-4. Central Filing System (CFS).
- R154-1-5. Collateral of Crop Year.
- R154-1-6. Recording of Effective Filing Statement.
- R154-1-7. Fees.
- R154-1-9. Searches.
- R154-1-10. Telephone Requests.
- R154-1-11. Requests for Certified Copies.
- R154-1-12. Application for CFS Master List.
- R154-1-13. Change of Address.
- R154-1-14. Distribution of Master List.
- R154-1-15. Mailing of Master List.
- R154-1-16. Notification of Registrants.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The Department of Commerce, Division of Corporations and Commercial Code (hereinafter "Division") incorporates by reference in its entirety 9 CFR Part 205 1992, entitled "Protection for Purchasers of Farm Products," which was developed by the Secretary of Agriculture to fulfill the Secretary's responsibility under Section 1324 of the Food Security Act of 1985, P.L. 99-198.
The system operator for the Central Filing System is the Division. All filings of any Effective Financing Statement, amendment thereto, or continuation thereof, are filed with the above Division. There are no other agencies of the State of Utah for filing.
The secured party must refile all liens on farm products produced in Utah presently on file in the Uniform Commercial Code Section of the Division in the Central Filing System on or before December 24, 1986, to protect the security interests of the secured party. Products not produced in Utah cannot be registered in the Central Filing System.
The Division shall publish the first Master List 30 days after December 24, 1986.
Any filings in the Central Filing System must be filed on a CFS-1 form. Each filing must bear the signature of the debtor or be accompanied by a copy of the UCC-1 financing statement, certified by an employee of the secured party, showing filing date and the debtor's signature. Any CFS filing will be effective for a period of five years from the date of filing. Continuation CFS filings will extend the CFS filing for an additional five year period.
Any filing which does not specify a particular crop year as to any one or more of the described farm products, shall be deemed to include all described farm products existing as of the date of filing together with all described farm products born, acquired or grown during the effective period of such filing.
The Division shall not record Effective Filing Statements received in the office after 4:00 p.m. until the next business day.
The Division shall charge fees for the use of the Central Filing System according to Section 63J-1-301. Fees shall be reasonable and fair, and shall reflect the costs of the services provided. The specific fees charged are posted at the Division offices or may be obtained by calling the Division offices.
Requests for information about any EFS filings will only be accepted by debtor name, debtor tax identification number or debtor social security number or by Effective Filing Statement file number.
Telephone requests for information concerning Central Filing System filings are limited to three inquiries per call.
Requests for certified copies of Central Filing System files must be received in writing on Form CFS-2.
An applicant must register with the Division each year using Form CFS-4 to receive the CFS Master List and update. Registrations will expire at 5:00 p.m. on the last business day of the registration year.
Registrants must notify the Division of any change of address by filling out a new registration form CFS-4 in order to continue to receive copies of the Central Filing System Master List.
The Division shall distribute the Utah State Central Filing System Master List at the beginning of each month, followed by a Master List update on the 15th of the same month. The Division shall distribute the Master List and Master List update to all current registrants.
1. New Effective Financing Statement filings only appear in the latest edition of the Master List or its update if filed with the Division before the cut-off deadline. The deadline for the monthly Master List update is filings made by 4:00 p.m. on the 15th day of the month. If the deadline falls on a weekend, holiday or other non-business day, the deadline will be the next business day after the normal deadline.
2. The Division shall mail Master Lists and update to registrants within five business days after the deadline day.
The Division shall distribute all Central Filing System Master Lists and Central Filing System Master List Updates to current registrants by U.S. Post Office First Class Mail.
The Division shall require registrants residing in a state requiring notification by other than First Class Mail to pay any additional costs for mailing other than First Class Mail as a part of their registration filing.
Registrants will be considered notified if:
1. The Division has mailed the list by First Class Mail by the deadline;
2. The Division has not received notice from the registrant of non-receipt of the list by 4:00 p.m. on the fifth business day after the distribution date.
3. Registrants notifying the Division of non-receipt will receive a new list by next day mail sent the same day as notice is given to the Division.
September 11, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R154, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Corporations and Commercial Code). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.