Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R154. Commerce, Corporations and Commercial Code.
Rule R154-100. Utah Administrative Procedures Act Rules.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R154-100-1. Purpose of Rules.
- R154-100-2. Designation of Informal Adjudicative Proceedings.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The purpose of these rules is to designate those categories of adjudicative proceedings within the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code which will be conducted on an informal basis, in accordance with the Utah Administrative Procedures Act and the Rules of Procedure for Adjudicative Proceedings before the Department of Commerce.
A. Any adjudicative proceedings as to the following matters shall be conducted on an informal basis:
1. The disapproval of any articles of incorporation, amendment, merger, consolidation, dissolution, or any other document required by Section 61-6-1 et seq. to be approved by the Division before filing.
2. The revocation of a certificate of authority of a foreign corporation to transact business in this state.
3. The disapproval of an application for an assumed name pursuant to Section 42-2-6.6(4).
4. The application for, and issuance of, registration of a trademark or service mark pursuant to Section 70-3-3.
5. The cancellation of registration of a trademark or service mark pursuant to Section 70-3-10.
B. All adjudicative proceedings as to any matters not specifically listed herein shall be conducted on an informal basis.
C. No hearing shall be held in any informal adjudicative proceeding which is initiated pursuant to these rules. However, any final order issued by the division is subject to agency review, consistent with the provisions of Section 63G-4-301 and the Rules of Procedure which govern Adjudicative Proceedings Before the Department of Commerce.
administrative procedure, government hearing
September 11, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R154, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Corporations and Commercial Code). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.