Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
Rule R156-40a. Athletic Trainer Licensing Act Rule.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R156-40a-101. Title.
- R156-40a-102. Definitions.
- R156-40a-104. Authority - Purpose.
- R156-40a-105. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
- R156-40a-302a. Qualifications for Licensure.
- R156-40a-304. Renewal Cycle - Procedures.
- R156-40a-502. Unprofessional Conduct.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is known as the Athletic Trainer Licensing Act Rule.
In accordance with Subsection 58-1-203(1)(e), the definition of unprofessional conduct in Title 58, Chapters 1 and 40 is further defined in Section R156-40a-502.
This rule is adopted by the Division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) to enable the Division to administer Title 58, Chapter 40a.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
In accordance with Subsection 58-40a-302(1), the "athletic training curriculum requirement" shall be:
(1) the curriculum program standard for accreditation set forth in the Standards for the Accreditation of Entry-Level Athletic Training Education Programs, revised June 8, 2006, published by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), which is hereby adopted and incorporated by reference; or
(2) a program of education, training and experience approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC), or its successor.
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to licensees under Title 58, Chapter 40a is established by rule in Subsection R156-1-308a(1).
(2) Renewal procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308c.
"Unprofessional conduct" includes violating any provision of the Board of Certification Standards of Professional Practice, implemented January 1, 2006, which is hereby adopted and incorporated by reference.
licensing, occupational licensing, athletic trainers
July 22, 2014
November 3, 2016
58-40a-101; 58-1-106(1)(a); 58-1-202(1)(a)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R156, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.