Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
Rule R156-49. Dietitian Certification Act Rule.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R156-49-101. Title.
- R156-49-102. Definitions.
- R156-49-103. Authority - Purpose.
- R156-49-104. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
- R156-49-302. Qualification for Licensure - CDR Registered Dietitian.
- R156-49-303. Renewal Cycle - Procedures.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is known as the "Dietitian Certification Act Rule".
In addition to the definitions in Title 58, Chapters 1 and 49, as used in Title 58, Chapters 1 and 49 or this rule:
(1) "CDR" means the Commission on Dietetic Registration which is the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association).
(2) "Competency examination", as used in Subsection 58-49-4(4), means the Registration Examination for Dietitians or Dietitian Nutritionists established by the CDR.
(3) "Internship or pre-planned professional baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate experience", as used in Subsection 58-49-4(3), means completion of the supervised practice requirements established by the CDR.
(4) "Under the supervision of a certified dietitian", as used in Subsection 58-49-4(3), means that the supervising certified dietitian is responsible for the dietetic activities performed by the student or intern.
This rule is adopted by the Division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) to enable the Division to administer Title 58, Chapter 49.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
In accordance with Section 58-49-4, CDR registration as a Registered Dietitian is documentation that an individual has completed the requirements of Subsections 58-49-4(2), (3) and (4).
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1)(a), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to licensees under Title 58, Chapter 49 is established by rule in Section R156-1-308a.
(2) Renewal procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308c.
December 23, 2013
November 27, 2017
58-49-1; 58-1-106(1)(a); 58-1-202(1)(a)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R156, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.