Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
Rule R156-74. State Certification of Court Reporters Act Rule.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R156-74-101. Title.
- R156-74-103. Authority.
- R156-74-104. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
- R156-74-303. Renewal Cycle - Procedure.
- R156-74-304. Continuing Education.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule shall be known as the "State Certification of Court Reporters Act Rule."
This rule is adopted by the division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) to enable the division to administer Title 58, Chapter 74.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to state certification under Title 58, Chapter 74 is established by rule in Section R156-1-308.
(2) Renewal and reinstatement procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308a through R156-1-308l.
In accordance with Subsection 58-74-303(2), the continuing education requirements for renewal of a state certification shall be the standards established by:
(1) the National Court Reporters Association, Council of the Academy of Professional Reporters (CAPR) Continuing Education Program, revised October 1, 2018, which is hereby adopted and incorporated by reference; or
(2) the National Verbatim Reporters Association Continuing Education Program, revised July 1, 2015, which is hereby adopted and incorporated by reference.
court reporting, state certified court reporter
September 23, 2019
April 24, 2018
58-74-101; 58-74-303(2); 58-1-106(1)(a); 58-1-202(1)(a)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R156, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.