Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
Rule R156-84. State Certification of Music Therapists Act Rule.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R156-84-101. Title.
- R156-84-102. Definitions.
- R156-84-103. Authority - Purpose.
- R156-84-104. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
- R156-84-302a. Qualifications for State Certification - Application Requirements.
- R156-84-303. Renewal Cycle - Procedures.
- R156-84-502. Unprofessional Conduct.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is known as the "State Certification of Music Therapists Act Rule."
In addition to the definitions in Title 58, Chapter 1, as used in this rule, "unprofessional conduct" is further defined, in accordance with Subsection 58-1-203(1)(e), in Section R156-84-502.
This rule is adopted by the Division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) to enable the Division to administer Title 58, Chapter 84.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
In accordance with Subsection 58-1-203(1)(b) and Section 58-1-301, the application requirements for licensure in Section 58-84-201 are clarified as follows:
(1) The Division has determined there are no boards equivalent to the Certification Board for Music Therapists.
(2) A board may apply for equivalency status by submitting appropriate credentials for evaluation by the Division. If determined equivalent, the board will be issued a letter of equivalency and listed herein.
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to licensees under Title 58, Chapter 84 is established by rule in Subsection R156-1-308a(1).
(2) Renewal procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308c.
"Unprofessional conduct" includes:
(1) receiving disciplinary action imposed against certification by the Certification Board for Music Therapists or an equivalent board; or
(2) failing to maintain an active and in good standing certification by the Certification Board for Music Therapists or an equivalent board.
licensing, certified music therapist
December 22, 2014
September 9, 2019
58-1-106(1)(a); 58-1-202(1)(a); 58-84-101
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R156, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.