Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
Rule R156-86. State Certification of Commercial Interior Designers Act Rule.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R156-86-101. Title.
- R156-86-102. Definitions.
- R156-86-103. Authority - Purpose.
- R156-86-104. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
- R156-86-202. Qualifications for State Certification - Exam Requirement.
- R156-86-203. Renewal Cycle - Procedures.
- R156-86-204. Continuing Education for Commercial Interior Designers.
- R156-86-301. Unprofessional Conduct.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is known as the "State Certification of Commercial Interior Designers Act Rule."
In addition to the definitions in Title 58, Chapters 1 and 86, as used in Title 58, Chapters 1 and 86, or this rule:
(1) "ASID" means the American Society of Interior Design.
(2) "IDCEC" means the Interior Design Continuing Education Council.
(3) "NCIDQ" means the National Council for Interior Design Qualification.
(4) "Unprofessional conduct", as defined in Title 58, Chapters 1 and 86, is further defined, in accordance with Subsection 58-1-203(1)(e), in Section R156-86-301.
This rule is adopted by the Division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) and Section 58-86-103 to enable the Division to administer Title 58, Chapter 86.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
In accordance with Subsection 58-86-202(3)(b), the exam requirement for certification under this title is passing all sections of the NCIDQ examination established by the Council for Interior Design Qualification.
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to certified registrants under Title 58, Chapter 86 is established by rule in Section R156-1-308a.
(2) Renewal procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308c.
In accordance with Section 58-86-204, continuing education shall be:
(1) limited to continuing education courses offered by IDCEC; and
(2) designated by IDCEC as "Health, Safety, Welfare" courses.
"Unprofessional conduct" includes failing to conform to the generally accepted and recognized standards of the profession including those established in the December 2013 edition of the "ASID Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct", which is hereby incorporated by reference.
licensing, commercial interior designers
July 11, 2016
58-1-106(1)(a); 58-1-202(1)(a); 58-86-101
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R156, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.