Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
Rule R156-87. Revised Uniform Athlete Agents Act Rule.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R156-87-101. Title.
- R156-87-102. Definitions.
- R156-87-103. Authority.
- R156-87-104. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
- R156-87-303. Renewal Cycle - Procedure.
- R156-87-502. Unprofessional Conduct.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule shall be known as the "Revised Uniform Athlete Agents Act Rule".
(1) "Unprofessional conduct" as defined in Title 58, Chapter 1, is further defined, in accordance with Subsection 58-1-203(1)(e), in Section R156-87-502.
This rule is adopted by the Division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) to enable the Division to administer Title 58, Chapter 87.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to licensees under Title 58, Chapter 87 is established by rule in Section R156-1-308a.
(2) Renewal procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308c.
"Unprofessional conduct" by an athlete agent includes:
(1) failing to comply with the agency contract requirements of Section 58-87-301;
(2) failing to notify an educational institution as required by Section 58-87-302;
(3) failing to comply with the agency contract cancellation requirements of Section 58-87-303;
(4) failing to create, or to retain for a period of five years, records required by Section 58-87-304; and
(5) failing to allow Division investigative staff access to records in accordance with Section 58-87-304.
licensing, athlete agent
December 11, 2017
January 7, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R156, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.