Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R164. Commerce, Securities.
Rule R164-26. Consent to Service of Process.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R164-26-6. Consent to Service.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(A) Authority and purpose
(1) The Division enacts this rule under authority granted by Sections 61-1-26 and 61-1-24.
(2) This rule designates the form to be used for consents to service of process.
(1) "Act" means Title 61, Chapter 1, Utah Uniform Securities Act.
(2) "Division" means the Division of Securities, Utah Department of Commerce.
(1) Except as provided in subparagraph (C)(2), for the purposes of all rules, regulations, orders of the Division, or the Act, the Consent to Service of Process which is to be used, is the NASAA Form U-2 - Uniform Consent to Service of Process.
(2) A Form U-4, Uniform Application for Securities Industry Registration or Transfer, Form ADV, Uniform Application for Investment Adviser Registration, and Form BD, Uniform Application for Broker-Dealer Registration, may be used in lieu of the Form U-2 provided that an originally executed copy of such form is filed with the Division
All consents to service of process filed with the Division shall appoint the "Director, Utah Division of Securities" as agent for service of process.
(E) Incorporation by reference
For purposes of consents to service of process required to be filed under the Act, a broker-dealer, agent, federal covered adviser, investment adviser, investment adviser representative, or issuer may incorporate by reference in a current application any consent to service of process previously filed with the Division by such person or entity.
March 4, 1998
June 2, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R164, please contact the promulgating agency (Commerce, Securities). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.