Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since July 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R251. Corrections, Administration.
Rule R251-102. Release of Communicable Disease Information.
As in effect on July 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R251-102-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R251-102-2. Definitions.
- R251-102-3. Access to Information in Medical Files.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized under Sections 63G-3-201, 64-13-10, and 64-13-36(3)(a) of the Utah Code.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to designate the persons who will be permitted access to information in Department of Corrections inmate medical files.
(1) "AIDS" means Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome.
(2) "Communicable Disease" means any of a group of diseases easily transmitted from one person to another.
(3) "HIV" means Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome.
(4) "inmates" means offenders in the secure facilities of the Department.
(1) Information in an inmate's medical file may include:
(a) results of tests conducted for communicable diseases, including AIDS and HIV; and
(b) information self-admitted by an inmate.
(2) The Department shall provide information regarding communicable diseases to:
(a) the Board of Pardons and Parole;
(b) designated Department Adult Probation and Parole agents; and
(c) other Department employees, if necessary, based on legitimate penological interests as determined by a division director in consultation with Clinical Services.
(3) Results of AIDS and HIV tests shall be provided to the Department of Health as outlined in Section 64-13-36.
medical records, communicable diseases, corrections
October 12, 2011
July 23, 2015
64-13-10; 64-13-36; 63G-3-201
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R251, please contact the promulgating agency (Corrections, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.