Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R251. Corrections, Administration.
Rule R251-110. Sex and Kidnap Offender Registration Program.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R251-110-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R251-110-2. Definitions.
- R251-110-3. Registrant Requirements.
- R251-110-4. Public Access to Sex Offender Registry.
- R251-110-5. Instructions for Use of the Information.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized under Sections 63G-3-201, 64-13-10, and 77-41, of the Utah Code.
(2) The purpose of the rule is to define the registrant requirement and process for obtaining sex and kidnap offender registration information.
(1) As used in this section:
(a) "Department" means Utah Department of Corrections;
(b) "registrant" means any individual who is registered under UCA 77-41, of the Utah Code; and
(c) "Sex and kidnap Offender Registry" means the unit of the Department assigned to manage the state's sex and kidnap offender registration program, sex and kidnap offender information files and disseminate information on sex and kidnap offenders.
(1) A sex/kidnap offender as defined under Section 77-41-102, of the Utah Code, shall adhere to the provisions in stated code.
(2) Registrants shall sign the Utah Sex and kidnap Offender Registration Form upon each request.
(1) If members of the public do not have access to the sex and kidnap offender registry website, they may request sex and kidnap offender registration information from the Department's Sex and kidnap Offender Registry.
(a) Requests may be in writing with a return address and telephone number.
(b) Requests shall be sent to the Utah Department of Corrections, Sex and kidnap Offender Registry Unit, 14717 S. Minuteman Drive, Draper, Utah 84020.
(c) If a requestor changes his or her residence after having submitted a request, but prior to receiving a response from the Department, it is the requestor's obligation to file another request with a current return address and telephone number.
(d) Members of the public may request information by telephone.
(1) Information compiled for this registry may not be used to harass or threaten sex offenders or their families.
(2) Harassment, stalking, or threats are prohibited and doing so may violate Utah criminal law.
sex and kidnap crimes, notification
March 21, 2003
August 21, 2015
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R251, please contact the promulgating agency (Corrections, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.