Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R251. Corrections, Administration.
Rule R251-303. Offenders' Use of Telephones.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R251-303-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R251-303-2. Definitions.
- R251-303-3. Standards and Procedures.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized by Sections 63G-3-201 and 64-13-10, of the Utah Code, which allows the Department to adopt standards and rules in accordance with its responsibilities.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to provide the Department's policy and procedures governing offenders' access to and use of telephones.
(1) "Center" means community correctional centers; halfway houses.
(2) "Offender" means any person under the jurisdiction of the Department; including inmates, parolees, probationers, and persons in halfway houses or other non-secure facilities.
It is the policy of the Department that in order to ensure Center telephones are used for authorized purposes, staff may listen to the offender's conversation, except calls made to legal counsel.
corrections, halfway houses
August 24, 2015
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R251, please contact the promulgating agency (Corrections, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.