Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since July 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R251. Corrections, Administration.
Rule R251-711. Admission and Intake.
As in effect on July 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R251-711-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R251-711-2. Policy.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized under Sections 63G-3-201, 64-13-10, 64-13-14, and 64-13-15, of the Utah Code.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to provide admission and intake policies applying to individuals committed to the Utah State Prison.
It is the policy of the Department that:
(1) persons committed to the Utah State Prison should be received at the Draper facility during the hours of 0700-1730 Monday through Friday, if possible;
(2) if it is not possible to deliver inmates to the Draper facility during the normal receiving hours, or if exigent circumstances are present, the Draper facility shall receive them at any time;
(3) for central and southern Utah commitments, male inmates should be received at the Central Utah Correctional facility during the hours of 0800-1700 Monday through Friday, if possible;
(4) if it is not possible to deliver male inmates to the Central Utah Correctional facility during the normal receiving hours, they may be taken to the Draper facility as described in (1) and (2) above;
(5) money and personal property shall be inventoried and receipted by the receiving and transporting officers in the presence of the inmate;
(6) inmates may release property for personal pickup by a relative or friend, or they may mail the property at their own expense; and
(7) if property has not been mailed out or picked up within 30 days, it shall be donated to a charitable organization.
October 18, 1996
December 4, 2015
64-13-10; 64-13-14; 64-13-15
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R251, please contact the promulgating agency (Corrections, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.