Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R251. Corrections, Administration.
Rule R251-712. Release.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R251-712-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R251-712-2. Definitions.
- R251-712-3. Policy.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized under Sections 63G-3-201, 64-13-7 and 64-13-10, of the Utah Code.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to provide the Department's policy regarding inmates leaving the institution on parole, termination, expiration of sentence, or being released to a detainer.
"Detainer" means a hold on an inmate by another institution or jurisdiction who still has legal jurisdiction over the inmate in order to regain custody once released from the Utah State Prison.
It is the policy of the Department that:
(1) release transactions at the prison shall conform to statutory and other legal requirements;
(2) inmates leaving the prison, either on parole or to another jurisdiction shall be verified as to eligibility for release from the Utah State Prison;
(3) the Board of Pardons and Parole is the releasing authority for all inmates; and
(4) if an inmate is to be released to a detainer, it shall be the responsibility of the receiving agency to make arrangements for housing and transportation.
October 13, 2015
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R251, please contact the promulgating agency (Corrections, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.