Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R277. Education, Administration.
Rule R277-706. Public Education Regional Service Centers.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R277-706-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R277-706-2. Definitions.
- R277-706-3. Eligible Regional Service Centers.
- R277-706-4. Distribution of Funds.
- R277-706-5. Eligible Regional Service Center Responsibilities.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized by:
(a) the Utah Constitution Article X, Section 3, which vests general control and supervision of public education in the Board;
(b) Subsection 53G-4-410(6), which directs the Board to make rules regarding eligible regional service center's; and
(c) Subsection 53E-3-401(4), which permits the Board to adopt rules in accordance with the Board's responsibilities.
(2) The purpose of this rule is:
(a) to provide definitions and procedures for school districts to form interlocal agreements; and
(b) to provide for distribution of legislative funds to eligible regional service centers by the Board.
(1) "Eligible regional service center" has the same meaning as the term is defined in Section 53G-4-410.
(1) Two or more school districts may enter into an interlocal agreement and form an eligible regional service center as described in Section 53G-4-410.
(2) An interlocal agreement described in Subsection (1) shall confirm or formalize a regional service center as described in Subsection 53G-4-410(4) as of the effective date of the agreement.
(1) The Superintendent shall distribute funds, if provided by the Legislature, in equal amounts to each eligible regional service centerif the eligible regional service center:
(a) submits a request for funds; and
(b) satisfies all requirements established by the Board.
(2) The Superintendent shall provide notice to an eligible regional service center of the deadlines and requirements for a request for funds described in Subsection (1).
(3) Subject to legislative appropriation, the Superintendent shall distribute funds to an eligible regional service center after July 1 annually.
(1) An eligible regional service center shall submit an annual application for available funds to the Superintendent.
(2) An eligible regional service center's application for funds shall include:
(a) a copy of the eligible regional service center's completed interlocal agreement;
(b) a proposed budget and request for funds;
(c) a current external audit of the eligible regional service center's assets and liabilities;
(d) assurance, signed by all parties to the interlocal agreement, that the eligible regional service center will provide the eligible regional service center's records to the Superintendent upon request;
(e) an annual financial report from the previous fiscal year; and
(f) a plan for the use and distribution of the eligible regional service center's funds for the applicable fiscal year with specific attention to:
(i) the delivery of Utah Education Network and Telehealth services to the LEAs within the eligible regional service center; and
(ii) the delivery of education-related services.
(3) An eligible regional service center shall provide an annual performance report to the Superintendent and the Board , including the following information:
(a) the eligible regional service center's delivery of Utah Education and Telehealth Network services;
(b) the eligible regional service center's type, amount, and effectiveness of delivery of public and higher education related services; and
(c) the eligible regional service center's coordination of public and higher education related services.
eligible regional service centers
October 8, 2019
August 6, 2019
Art X Sec 3; 53G-4-410(6); 53E-3-401(4)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R277, please contact the promulgating agency (Education, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.