Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R277. Education, Administration.
Rule R277-706. Public Education Regional Service Centers.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R277-706-1. Definitions.
- R277-706-2. Authority and Purpose.
- R277-706-3. Eligible Regional Service Centers.
- R277-706-4. Distribution of Funds.
- R277-706-5. Eligible Regional Service Center Responsibilities.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
A. "Board" means the Utah State Board of Education.
B. "Eligible regional service center" means a regional service center formed by two or more school districts by means of an interlocal entity in accordance with Title 11, Chapter 13, Interlocal Cooperation Act.
C. "USOE" means the Utah State Office of Education.
A. This rule is authorized by Utah Constitution Article X, Section 3 which vests general control and supervision of public education in the Board, Subsection 53G-4-410(6), that directs the Board to make rules regarding eligible regional services center, and Subsection 53E-3-401(4), which permits the Board to adopt rules in accordance with its responsibilities.
B. The purpose of this rule is to provide definitions and procedures for school districts to form interlocal agreements and to provide for distribution of legislative funds to eligible regional service centers by the Board.
A. Two or more school districts may enter into an interlocal agreement and form an interlocal entity.
B. An eligible regional service center may receive funds if the Legislature appropriates money.
C. An interlocal agreement shall confirm and ratify the regional service center as of the effective date of the interlocal agreement.
A. The USOE shall distribute funds, if provided by the Legislature, in equal amounts to eligible regional service centers based on:
(1) requests from eligible regional service centers; and
(2) satisfaction and submission of all information and requirements set by the Board.
B. The USOE shall provide notice that completed applications for regional service center funds are due to the USOE consistent with timelines provided by the USOE.
C. The Board may review and consider a different distribution plan for future years.
D. Legislative funding, if provided, shall be distributed to eligible regional service centers after July 1 annually.
A. Eligible regional service centers shall submit an annual application for available funds to the Board consistent with USOE timelines.
B. A regional service center application for funds shall include:
(1) a copy of completed interlocal agreement(s);
(2) a proposed budget and request for funds from the Board;
(3) a current external audit of current regional service center assets and liabilities in the initial application for funds and with each annual application;
(4) assurance signed by all parties to the interlocal agreement that the USOE shall have access to all regional service center records upon request;
(5) an annual financial report from the previous fiscal year; and
(6) a plan for the use and distribution of regional service center funds for the applicable fiscal year with specific attention to delivery of Utah Education Network and Telehealth services and the delivery of education-related services.
C. A regional service center shall provide an annual performance report beginning with fiscal year 2012 including information about:
(1) the regional service center delivery of Utah Education and Telehealth Network services;
(2) the type, amount, and effectiveness of delivery of public and higher education related services; and
(3) the coordination of public and higher education related services.
eligible regional service centers
October 9, 2014
August 6, 2019
Art X Sec 3; 53G-4-410(6); 53E-3-401(4)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R277, please contact the promulgating agency (Education, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.