Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R277. Education, Administration.
Rule R277-746. Driver Education Programs for Utah Schools.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R277-746-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R277-746-2. Incorporation by Reference of Driver Education Manual.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized by:
(a) Utah Constitution Article X, Section 3, which vests general control and supervision of public education in the Board;
(b) Subsection 53E-3-401(4), which allows the Board to make rules to execute the Board's duties and responsibilities under the Utah Constitution and state law; and
(c) Subsection 53G-10-502(4), which directs the Board to prescribe rules for driver education classes in the public schools.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to incorporate by reference the Board's Driver Education manual, which specifies standards and procedures for local school districts conducting automobile driver education.
(1) This rule incorporates by reference Driver Education for Utah High Schools - Organization, Administration and Standards, Revised February 2018, which outlines statutory requirements and Board procedures for administering an automobile driver education program.
(2) A copy of the manual is located at:
(a) https://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/drivered; and
(b) the offices of the Utah State Board of Education.
May 8, 2018
April 2, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R277, please contact the promulgating agency (Education, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.