Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R305. Environmental Quality, Administration.
Rule R305-8. Board Member Attendance Requirements.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R305-8-101. Purpose and Authority.
- R305-8-102. Notification Requirement.
- R305-8-103. Standards for Attendance.
- R305-8-104. Remedy for Failure to Meet Standards for Attendance.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The purpose of this rule is to establish standards for board member attendance at regularly scheduled board meeetings. This rule is authorized by Section 19-1-201(1)(d)(i)(A).
A board member shall notify the board chair of an absence at least two business days prior to the board meeting in order to be excused. A board member who fails to notify the board chair of an absence at least two business days prior to the board meeting shall not be excused.
(1) In order to effectively execute board duties, board members shall regularly attend board meetings.
(2) A board member shall be deemed to be out of conformity with the requirement to regularly attend board meetings if:
(a) the member has two unexcused absences from a board meeting within a one-year period;
(b) the member misses three consecutive meetings for any reason; or
(c) the member misses one-third of the total number of board meetings in a one year period.
(1) If a board member fails to meet standards for attendance, the board chair shall:
(a) notify the board member in writing; and
(b) schedule an agenda item for the next board meeting to consider dismissal of the board member.
(2) The board member shall be given an opportunity to address the board at that meeting.
(3) The Board may recommend to the Governor that the member be removed from the board.
board membership, board attendance, board member dismissal
December 19, 2012
December 8, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R305, please contact the promulgating agency (Environmental Quality, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.