Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2018, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R307. Environmental Quality, Air Quality.
Rule R307-505. Oil and Gas Industry: Registration Requirements.
As in effect on August 1, 2018
Table of Contents
- =li>R307-505-1. Purpose.
- R307-505-2. Applicability.
- R307-505-3. Registration Requirements.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
R307-505 establishes requirements for sources in the oil and gas industry to register with the Division.
(1) R307-505 applies to new and existing operations at a source with Standard Industrial Classification codes in the major group 13, which includes but is not limited to industries involved in oil and natural gas exploration, production, and transmission operations; well production facilities; natural gas compressor stations; natural gas processing plants and commercial oil and gas disposal wells, and evaporation ponds.
(a) A source that is subject to an approval order in accordance with R307-401-8 is exempt from R307- 505.
(1) An owner or operator of a source identified in R307-505-2 that begins operations on or after January 1, 2018, shall register with the director 30 days prior to commencing operation.
(2) An owner or operator of a source identified in R307-505-2 that is in operation before January 1, 2018, shall register with the director by July 1, 2018.
(3) An owner or operator shall update the registration information within 30 days of any of the following:
(a) changes to company name,
(b) removal or addition of control devices, or
(c) termination of operations.
(4) Registration shall be completed online in a format provided by the Division and shall include the following general information: company name, mailing address, source location, source manager or point of contact, process description, capacity and quantity of emitting equipment on-site, fuel type of combustion related equipment (i.e. diesel, natural gas, propane, or field gas), emissions control devices installed, emissions and certification that the facility is in compliance with R307-506 through R307-510.
air pollution, oil, gas
January 26, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R307, please contact the promulgating agency (Environmental Quality, Air Quality). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.