Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R315. Environmental Quality, Waste Management and Radiation Control, Waste Management.
Rule R315-317. Other Processes, Variances, Violations, and Petition for Rule Change.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R315-317-1. Other Processes, Methods, and Equipment.
- R315-317-2. Variances.
- R315-317-3. Violations, Orders, and Hearings.
- R315-317-4. Petition for Rule Change.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
Processes, methods, and equipment other than those specifically addressed in Rules R315-301 through 320 will be considered on an individual basis by the Director upon submission of evidence of adequacy to meet the minimum standards of performance to protect human health and the environment as required in Section R315-303-2.
(1) Variances will be granted in accordance with Section R315-260-19.
(1) Whenever the Director or his duly appointed representative determines that any person is in violation of any applicable approved solid waste operation plan or permit or the requirements of Rules R315-301 through 320, the Director may cause written notice of violation to be served upon the alleged violators. The notice shall specify the provisions of the plan, permit, or rules alleged to have been violated and the facts alleged to constitute the violation. The Director may issue an order that necessary corrective action be taken within a reasonable time or may request the attorney general or the county attorney in the county in which the violation takes place to bring a civil action for injunctive relief and enforcement of the permit requirements or the requirements of Rules R315-301 through 320.
(2) Any order issued pursuant to Subsection R315-317-3(1) shall become final unless, within 30 days after the order is issued, the person to whom the order is addressed challenges the order as provided in 19-1-301 and the Utah Administrative Procedures Act, Title 63G, Chapter 4 and shall be governed by UAC R305-7.
(1) The requirements of Section R315-317-4 shall apply to a petition for:
(a) making a new rule;
(b) amending, repealing, or repealing and reenacting and existing rule;
(c) amending a proposed rule;
(d) allowing a proposed rule or change in proposed rule to lapse; or
(e) any combination of the above.
(2) Petition Procedure and Form.
(a) The petition shall be addressed and delivered to the Director.
(b) The petition shall follow the requirements of Sections R15-2-3 through 5.
solid waste management, waste disposal
April 25, 2013
January 12, 2018
19-6-105; 19-6-108; 19-6-109; 19-6-111; 19-6-112
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R315, please contact the promulgating agency (Environmental Quality, Waste Management and Radiation Control, Waste Management). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.