Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R343. Financial Institutions, Nondepository Lenders.
Rule R343-11. Rule Designating Applicable Federal Law for a Mortgage Lender, Broker, or Servicer Subject to the Jurisdiction of the Department of Financial Institutions.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R343-11-1. Authority, Scope and Purpose.
- R343-11-2. Definitions.
- R343-11-3. Applicable Federal Law.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is issued pursuant to Section 70D-2-502(2)(b).
(2) Violations of federal law designated by this rule may only be enforced by the department by taking action permitted under Title 70D and the applicable chapters set forth in Section 70D-2-502(2).
(3) This rule designates which one or more federal laws the department may enforce and are applicable to mortgage lenders, brokers, or servers subject to the jurisdiction of the department.
(1) "Department" means the Department of Financial Institutions.
(2) "Federal Law" means:
(a) a statute passed by the Congress of the United States; or
(b) a final regulation:
(i) adopted by an administrative agency of the United States government; and
(ii) published in the code of federal regulations or the federal register.
In accordance with Section 70D-2-502(2)(b), the following federal laws are applicable to mortgage lenders, brokers, or servers subject to the jurisdiction of the department:
(1) Truth in Lending Act, 15 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and its implementing federal regulations;
(2) Equal Credit Opportunity Act, 15 U.S.C. Sec. 1691, and its implementing federal regulations;
(3) Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, 12 U.S.C. Sec. 2601 et seq., and its implementing federal regulations;
(4) Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq., and its implementing federal regulations;
(5) Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, 12 U.S.C. Sec. 2801 et seq., and its implementing federal regulations.
financial institutions, federal law
June 21, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R343, please contact the promulgating agency (Financial Institutions, Nondepository Lenders). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.