Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R380. Health, Administration.
Rule R380-41. Governance Committee Electronic Meetings.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R380-41-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R380-41-2. Definitions.
- R380-41-3. Designation of Electronic Meetings.
- R380-41-4. Anchor Location.
- R380-41-5. Quorum, Member Participation.
- R380-41-6. Public Participation.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) Utah Code Section 52-4-207 requires a state public body that holds electronic meeting to have a rule governing the use of electronic meetings. This rule establishes procedures for conducting electronic meetings by the Governance Committee.
(2) This rule is authorized by Sections 52-4-207, 63G-3-201 and 26-1-5.
The definitions found in Section 52-4-103 apply to this rule. In addition, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Committee meeting" means a meeting of the Governance Committee that is required to be public by the provisions of the Open and Public Meetings Act, Utah Code Title 52, Chapter 4.
(2) "Electronic meeting" includes any meeting where at least one member of the Governance Committee participates in the public meeting by telephonic or other electronic means.
(3) "Governance Committee" means the committee established in Section 26-1-4(2).
The person scheduled to preside at the Governance Committee meeting shall schedule any committee meeting as an electronic meeting upon request of any member of the committee.
(1) A member of the Governance Committee may request that the member's participation in the meeting be allowed electronically up to 24 hours prior to the commencement of the meeting.
(2) No vote of the Governance Committee is necessary to include other members of the committee to join the meeting through an electronic connection.
(1) Unless otherwise designated in the posted public notice of the Governance Committee meeting, the anchor location for an electronic meeting held by the Governance Committee is the Cannon Health Building located at 288 North 1460 West, Salt Lake City, Utah.
(2) The person presiding at the meeting may restrict the number of separate connections for members of the committee that are allowed for an electronic meeting based on available equipment capability.
(1) A quorum is not required to be present at the anchor location.
(2) A member of the committee who participates in the meeting via electronic means shall be counted as present at the meeting for quorum, participation, and voting requirements.
(1) Interested persons and the public may attend and monitor the open portions of the meeting at the anchor location.
(2) At the discretion of the person presiding at the committee meeting, interested persons and the public may be allowed to observe the meeting via electronic means. As in any public meeting, the person presiding at the meeting may determine whether comments from the public will be accepted during the electronic meeting.
July 15, 2012
July 13, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R380, please contact the promulgating agency (Health, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.