Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R382. Health, Children's Health Insurance Program.
Rule R382-2. Electronic Personal Medical Records for the Children's Health Insurance Program.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R382-2-1. Introduction and Authority.
- R382-2-2. Purpose.
- R382-2-3. Definitions.
- R382-2-4. Enrollment Notification.
- R382-2-5. Enrollment Process.
- R382-2-6. Exemptions.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is promulgated under authority granted in Section 26-40-103, as last amended by Laws of Utah 2012, Chapters 28 and 369.
This rule establishes requirements for enrolling Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) beneficiaries in the electronic exchange of clinical health information unless the beneficiary or the beneficiary's parent or legal guardian opts the beneficiary out.
These definitions apply to Rule R382-2:
(1) "Technical Specifications" means the technical specifications document published by the Utah Health Information Network (UHIN) that describes the variables and formats of the data to be submitted as well as submission directions and guidelines.
(2) "Program Website" means the Department of Health, Department of Workforce Services, Division of Medicaid and Health Financing, and the CHIP websites.
(1) Prior to the enrollment process in the Clinical Health Information Exchange (cHIE), the Department will provide Notice of Intent to enroll CHIP beneficiaries in cHIE and the right of beneficiaries to opt out.
(2) The Department will provide additional education regarding the beneficiary's right to opt out on the program websites.
(1) The Department will provide cHIE an enrollment file of all CHIP beneficiaries.
(2) The enrollment file will contain the succeeding month's CHIP enrollment.
(3) cHIE will enroll CHIP beneficiaries on the first day of the succeeding month.
(4) Submission procedures and guidelines, including required data elements, will be described in detail in the technical specifications published by UHIN and will be included in the Department's Operating Agreement with cHIE.
(5) The Department will use a secure format to transfer any enrollment files to cHIE.
(1) An individual's previous consent status in cHIE will be honored by cHIE and will not be overridden by the CHIP enrollment file.
September 1, 2012
July 31, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R382, please contact the promulgating agency (Health, Children's Health Insurance Program). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.