Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R384. Health, Disease Control and Prevention, Health Promotion.
Rule R384-202. Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Fund.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R384-202-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R384-202-2. Definitions.
- R384-202-3. Priorities and Criteria.
- R384-202-4. Request for Funding Applications.
- R384-202-5. Fund Awards.
- R384-202-6. Audit Provisions.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule provides the procedures for the distribution of money from the Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Fund established by Title 26, Chapter 54.
(2) This rule is authorized by Title 26, Chapter 54, Section 103.
(1) "Committee" means the Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Fund Advisory Committee.
(2) "Fund" means the Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Fund.
As necessary and not less than on an annual basis, the Committee shall review and establish the criteria and priorities for the distribution of money from the Fund. These criteria and priorities shall be followed when recommending to the Executive Director the distribution of money to charitable clinics for the provision of the services and equipment designated in Section 26-54. These criteria shall be recorded in the minutes of the meetings and incorporated into the guidance for the request for funding applications.
(1) A request for funding applications will be issued by the Department.
(2) Applications to the Fund shall comply with the current guidance established by the committee, approved by the Executive Director and issued by the Department.
(3) Applications will be evaluated based upon the Committee's approved criteria using an objective review subcommittee. Evaluation results will be presented to the Committee for review and approval. The Committee will submit the approved applicants with funding recommendations to the Executive Director.
(1) The Executive Director will determine Fund awards based on the committees recommendations for approved applicants.
(2) The Department shall issue the Fund awards in the form of contracts or grants.
(3) Awards are contingent upon available funds, successful completion of previous contract services and the quality of spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury services previously provided.
(4) Funded applicants will submit required reports as specified in the contract or grant.
A charitable clinic that receives state funds under 26-54 must submit, upon request, to a Department audit of the recipients' compliance with the terms of the contract or grant.
traumatic spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Fund
December 18, 2012
November 15, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R384, please contact the promulgating agency (Health, Disease Control and Prevention, Health Promotion). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.