Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R428. Health, Center for Health Data, Health Care Statistics.
Rule R428-10. Health Data Authority Healthcare Facility Data Reporting Rule.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R428-10-1. Legal Authority.
- R428-10-2. Purpose.
- R428-10-3. Coordination of Rules.
- R428-10-4. Data Reporting.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is promulgated under authority granted by Title 26, Chapter 33a and in accordance with the Utah Health Data Plan as adopted in section R428-1.
This rule establishes requirements for healthcare facilities to submit data to the Utah Department of Health.
The Office will use data collected in this section to develop and maintain a statewide Healthcare Facility Database. Upon receipt of emergency room data, the Office shall provide a copy of the emergency room data to the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Preparedness for use as described in R426.
(1) Healthcare facilities shall submit ambulatory surgery data to the Office. In addition, hospitals shall submit discharge data and emergency data to the Office.
(2) Healthcare facilities shall submit healthcare facility data to the Office in accordance with the Utah Healthcare Facility Data Submission Guide.
(3) Healthcare facilities shall submit data for all fields required in this section if the data are available. Healthcare facilities shall notify the Office or its designee of any data elements or fields required to be reported under this rule, but are not available to the healthcare facility.
(4)(a) Healthcare facilities shall submit healthcare facility data to the Office or its designee according to the schedule in the Utah Healthcare Facility Data Submission Guide.
(b) The Director of the Office may approve an alternate submission date as long as it meets the needs of the committee.
(5) Healthcare facilities shall submit healthcare facility data by a secure method according to the Utah Healthcare Facility Data Submission Guide.
(6) The Office or its designee may conduct on-site audits to verify the accuracy and completeness of all submittals.
health, health data, health planning, hospital policy
March 25, 2016
November 10, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R428, please contact the promulgating agency (Health, Center for Health Data, Health Care Statistics). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.