Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R455. Heritage and Arts, History.
Rule R455-3. Memberships, Sales, Gifts, Bequests, Endowments.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R455-3-1. Scope and Applicability.
- R455-3-2. Definitions.
- R455-3-3. Sales.
- R455-3-4. Donations.
- R455-3-5. Memberships.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
Purpose: To establish rules for handling disposition of proceeds and membership dues and make adjustments to prices of various publications.
1. "board" means the Board of State History which acts as the Board of the Utah State Historical Society;
2. "society" means the Utah State Historical Society;
3. "division" means the Division of State History;
4. "historical magazine" means the Utah Historical Quarterly and Beehive History; and
5. "director" means the director of the Division of State History.
1. Prices for the sale of the historical magazine, books published by the division, microfilm, photos, and other published or facsimile documents shall be established annually by the director in consultation with the board.
2. Proceeds and earned interest from sales shall be deposited with the treasurer of the state as restricted interest bearing, nonlapsing revenue of the Society in accordance with Sections 9-8-206 and 9-8-207.
3. The disposition of the proceeds and earned interest shall be determined by the director in accordance with policy established by the board or in consultation with the board.
1. The society is authorized to receive gifts, grants, donations, bequests devises and endowments of money or property. These monies shall be used in accordance with directions provided by the donor and shall be kept in a separate line account as nonlapsing funds of the society together with earned interest.
2. If the donor makes no indication of the direction or use of the gifts, bequests, donations, devices, and endowments, these funds and interest on these funds shall be retained in a separate line account of the society as nonlapsing funds. Disbursement shall be made by the director in accordance with policy established by the board or in consultation with the board.
3. The board may review, or establish a policy of review and is authorized to receive, any gift, grant, donation, bequest, devise or endowment of money or property but need not.
1. Membership dues shall be established annually by the director in consultation with the board according to Section 9-8-207(1).
2. Proceeds from memberships shall be kept in a separate line account as nonlapsing funds of the society together with earned interest.
3. Disbursement shall be made by the director in accordance with policy established by the board or in consultation with the board.
administrative procedures, historical society
May 5, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R455, please contact the promulgating agency (Heritage and Arts, History). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.