Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since December 1, 2018, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R477. Human Resource Management, Administration.
Rule R477-13. Volunteer Programs.
As in effect on December 1, 2018
Table of Contents
- R477-13-1. Volunteer Programs.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) Agency management may establish a volunteer program.
(a) A volunteer program shall include:
(i) documented agreement of the type of work and duration for which the volunteer services will be provided;
(ii) orientation to the conditions of state service and the volunteer's specific assignments;
(iii) adequate supervision of the volunteer; and
(iv) documented hours worked by a volunteer.
(2) A volunteer may not donate any service to an agency unless the volunteer's services are approved by the agency head or designee, and by DHRM.
(a) Agency management shall approve all work programs for volunteers before volunteers serve the state or any agency or subdivisions of the state.
(3) A volunteer is considered a government employee for purposes of workers' compensation, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, if properly licensed and authorized to do so, and liability protection and indemnification.
(4) The Executive Director, DHRM, may authorize exceptions to this rule consistent with Subsection R477-2-2(1).
personnel management, administrative rules, rules and procedures, volunteers
July 1, 2013
April 27, 2017
67-19-6; 67-20-3; 67-20-4; 67-20-8
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R477, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Resource Management, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.