Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R495. Human Services, Administration.
Rule R495-808. Fatality Review Act.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R495-808-1. Authority.
- R495-808-2. Statement of Purpose.
- R495-808-3. Completion of Deceased Client Reports.
- R495-808-4. Referral to Office of Child Protection Ombudsman.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) The Department of Human Services is authorized to adopt, amend, and enforce rules as necessary in Section 62A-1-111.
(2) Sections 62A-16-101 through 62A-16-302 sets forth the legal criteria and requirements for Department of Human Services fatality reviews.
(1) The purpose of this rule is to clarify reporting and reviews of fatality reports for the Department of Human Services.
(1) In accordance with Section 62A-16-201(1), the following employees are designated by the department to complete a Notification of Deceased Client Form: any worker, supervisor, or other Human Service Department employee who becomes aware of the death.
(1) In the case of a child fatality, if the Fatality Review Coordinator or the Fatality Review Committee determines that there are policies or procedure issues that are not related to the death, or further case-specific information is needed, the case may be referred to the Office of the Child Protection Ombudsman (OCPO)for a full case review.
(2) Upon completion of the OCPO Case Review, the analyst will present the finding to the Fatality Review Committee for further review.
August 23, 2010
April 30, 2015
62A-16-201; 62A-1-111; 62A-16-101; 62A-16-202; 62A-16-203; 62A-16-204; 62A-16-301; 62A-16-302
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R495, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.