Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R495. Human Services, Administration.
Rule R495-882. Termination of Parental Rights.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R495-882-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R495-882-2. Arrears Obligation for Children in Care.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to adopt, amend, and enforce rules as necessary by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to provide information about child support obligations and child support arrears when a child is placed in the care/custody of the state or with an individual other than the parent for at least 30 days.
In accordance with Sections 62A-1-117 and 78A-6-1106, child support is assigned to the state when a child is placed in the care/custody of the state or with an individual other than the parent for at least 30 days. The juvenile court shall also order the parents or any other obligated person to pay child support to the Office of Recovery Services (ORS) while the child is in a placement. If parental rights are terminated, and if any child support payable to the state has accrued prior to the termination of parental rights, the parent shall be responsible for paying this amount to the state in accordance with Section 78A-6-513. ORS will attempt to collect all past due support that accrued prior to the termination of parental rights for children who were in the care or custody of the state.
state custody, parental rights
October 8, 2008
February 1, 2019
62A-1-117; 62A-11-107; 78A-6-513; 78A-6-1106
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R495, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.