Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R495. Human Services, Administration.
Rule R495-884. Kinship Locate.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R495-884-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R495-884-2. Authorized Persons.
- R495-884-3. Requesting Kinship Locate Services.
- R495-884-4. Information Provided for Kinship Locate.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) The Office of Recovery Services (ORS) is authorized to adopt, amend, and enforce rules as necessary by U.C.A. 62A-11-107.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to provide information about kinship locate services including, who is authorized to request kinship locate services, what information is required to make a request, and what information may be provided from ORS.
(1) 42 USC 653 (2008) defines "authorized persons" and is incorporated by reference.
(2) ORS provides locate information to authorized persons who request location information about the parents, putative father and/or non-parental relatives of children in the custody of the Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS).
(3) An authorized person for kinship locate purposes is a State agency that administers a program under Title IV-B (Child and Family Services) or Title IV-E (Foster Care and Adoption Assistance).
(1) A request from an authorized person must include the following information:
(a) the child's name;
(b) the child's date of birth or social security number;
(c) the individual's name;
(d) the individual's relationship to the child; and,
(e) the individual's date of birth or social security number.
(1) ORS will only provide locate information found using the Federal Parent Locator Service (Federal PLS) and the State Parent Locator Services (State PLS).
(2) ORS will provide the following kinship locate information, if known, about a parent, alleged father or non-parent relative.
(a) the individual's name;
(b) the individual's social security number;
(c) the individual's most recent address; and,
(d) the individual's employer name, employer identification number (EIN), address.
(3) If a safeguard determination has been made for an individual on an ORS case, the individual's information will not be released in accordance with 45 CFR 303.21.
child support, foster care, kinship locate
August 15, 2012
January 27, 2017
45 CFR 302.35; 45 CFR 303.21; 45 CFR 303.70; 42 USC 653; 62A-11-107
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R495, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.