Utah Administrative Code

The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).

NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.

NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.

R510. Human Services, Aging and Adult Services.

Rule R510-101. Carryover Policy for Title III: Grants for State and Community Programs on Aging.

As in effect on October 1, 2019

Table of Contents

R510-101-1. Policy.

In accordance with Federal regulation 45 CFR, Chapter XIII Subchapter C, Part 1321.37, the Division of Aging and Adult Services distributes OAA Title III social and nutrition dollars to AAA according to an established intrastate funding formula. All Title III funds of a specified federal year unspent at the end of that year's state contract period shall be re-contracted to the AAA in the succeeding year's contract. Administration of federal carryover funds must conform with federal laws and regulations. All Title III funds carried over by the AAA from one state fiscal year to the next must be spent according to a written amendment to the Area Plan as approved by the Division.

R510-101-2. Process.

2.1 The amounts of carryover funds in all Title III categories shall be determined at the time of the final state fiscal year financial report as submitted by the AAA and as reviewed and finalized by the Division.

2.2 Upon Division approval of an Area Plan amendment which designates amount and use of carryover funds, the Division will amend the current state year AAA contract to add all Title III carryover funding from the previous year.

2.3 The Division shall spend out the previous year's funds prior to spending current funds.


elderly, carryover funding*

Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment


Notice of Continuation

June 30, 2017

Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law


Additional Information


For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R510, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Aging and Adult Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.