Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R525. Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health, State Hospital.
Rule R525-6. Prohibited Items and Devices.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R525-6-1. Authority.
- R525-6-2. Establishment of Secure Areas.
- R525-6-3. Items and Devices Prohibited from Secure Areas.
- R525-6-4. Storage of Prohibited Items and Devices.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule establishes secure areas on the Utah State Hospital campus and procedures for securing prohibited items and devices as authorized by Subsection 76-8-311.3(2).
(2) This rule is promulgated under authority of section 62A-15-105.
(1) Pursuant to Subsections 62A-15-603(3) and 76-8-311.3(2), the following buildings of the Utah State Hospital are established as secure areas:
(a) Forensic Mental Health Facility;
(b) Lucy Beth Rampton Building;
(c) Mountain Springs Pediatric Building; and
(d) any building on the Utah State Hospital campus erected to replace or expand the capacity of these buildings, and/or exist to perform similar functions of the above listed buildings.
(1) Pursuant to Subsections 76-8-311.1(2)(a) and 76-8-311.3(2), all weapons, contraband, controlled substances, ammunition, items that implement escape, explosives, spirituous or fermented liquors, firearms, or any devices that are normally considered to be weapons are prohibited from entry beyond the secure storage lockers in the foyers of each building listed above.
(1) The public is notified of the availability of secure storage lockers at the entrance of the Utah State Hospital campus. Directions for use of the storage lockers are provided at or near the entrance of each of the above listed buildings.
weapons, state hospital, secure areas, prohibited items and devices
February 21, 2012
January 16, 2018
62A-15-603(3); 62A-15-105; 76-8-311.1(2)(a); 76-8-311.3(2)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R525, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health, State Hospital). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.