Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R525. Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health, State Hospital.
Rule R525-7. Complaints/Suggestions/Concerns.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R525-7-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R525-7-2. Patient and Family Members May Register Complaints.
- R525-7-3. Complaints/Suggestions/Concerns Are Reviewed.
- R525-7-4. The Suggestion Committee Shall Respond.
- R525-7-5. No Reprisal to Person Making Complaint.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is promulgated under the authority of Section 62A-15-105.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to explain the process for patients and their family members to register complaints, suggestions and concerns.
Patients and/or their family members may register a complaint/suggestion/concern about the hospital to any hospital staff member.
Complaints/suggestions/concerns are reviewed by the Hospital Suggestion Committee and forwarded to the appropriate person/agency for response.
The person submitting the complaint/suggestion/concern shall receive a response from the Suggestion Committee.
Patients, family members, and members of the public may pursue complaints against the hospital without reprisal.
complaints, suggestions, concerns
February 21, 2012
January 16, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R525, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health, State Hospital). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.